FireFlight
March 28, 2024, 12:05:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No more Mod Applications, we have enough.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Ask anything about SMW Hacking!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask anything about SMW Hacking!  (Read 578 times)
mockingod
NOT MockinGod with the capital M and the G! If you call me that, you should fall down a pit.
Global Moderator
Goomba

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2010, 08:01:18 pm »

If you have any basic questions, that you dont think a new thread is nesseccary, then post your question here.
Report Spam   Logged

Ohai

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sympozium
Goomba

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 01:21:31 pm »

Leaf's Power-Up Hack

I downloaded Leaf's weapon hack (bullets, baby yoshi lol, fire, hammer, ect.)
The first thing I noticed is that they are split into multiple ips files.

Can more than one ips patch be applied at the same time?? (renaming all of them to match the rom for snex9x's built-in patcher) or will they conflict and cause the rom to behave strangely? or will simply one patch override the rest?

I'd like to know if they all randomly generate out of the blocks (including flower power) or once again if only one item can be applied while it replaces all power-ups.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly, I would like to know how to turn off the bullet limit for the flower power. I have looked into it and can't find anything. All I could figure out was that it is some sort of hex value in Lunar Magic, but I have no idea which one and nobody has any posts telling which one it is.

The closest I got to the correct hex (not that close to what i was actually trying to find lol) was this hex (0x05282) which only changes which form of mario shoots fire pellets. (set to 1 would cause normal mario to have flower power, or another value would cause cape mario to shoot them)

If you have any info regarding this pleeeeease let me know ASAP!  Thanx Smiley
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:50:15 pm by Sympozium » Report Spam   Logged
UMA
I'm the reverse mockingod, UMA not uma!
Global Moderator
Goomba

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 06:34:28 am »

1. No, it just replaces the fireflower, they're technically all the same but with different GFX.
so, one at a time Tongue

2. Its impossible without lotsa ASM, because the fireballs have special tables and they would need to be expanded and repointed and stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

PM me if you want your thread closed!
Sympozium
Goomba

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 02:32:20 pm »

Thanks for the info Cheesy I'm running smw on snes9x (best for my macbook pro) and the built-in patcher is a godsend lol. I'm glad to see that there are so many people dedicated to modding games such as smb, link to the past, and others.

There are sooooo many smw/smb hacks though that I dont know where to begin lol. I downloaded 15 or so that I thought showed the best promise cuz lets face it, nobody has time to play the 200+ hacks out there lol.

Brutal Mario, Dr. Mario World, and the Mario Adventure series have been good. I'm out of the old "frustrating" hack phase lol I'm looking now for amazingly redone graphics, powerups, and moderately challenging level design. I found Brutal Mario to be nearly flawless for that.

If you know of any crazy awesome ones let me know Wink

Also on a side-note I've kinda looked around for an ocarina of time or majora's mask remake out there but its been a fruitless search so far. Any info would be appreciated. I love to enjoy the truly impressive and hard work of the hacking community and an awesome n64 zelda remake would be beyond badass hahaha
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum